- We strongly suggest a read of the Dilbert Principle, as recommended in the leadership section - it gives a nice perspective on the lot of the common person at work.
- Trust in Leaders. YouGov survey, Daily Telegraph, March 2003. Not unsurprisingly, demonstrates that the public deeply distrust the people who run large companies.
- Employee well-being and the social contract. Davis Guest for the CIPD - annual survey. David Guest has been quick to condemn those who foretell disaster in the workplace. Now he is beginning to worry about the rapidly declining morale of employees in the private sector since approximately 2001.
- Women and older employee survey. Economic and Social Research Council, 2005. Women and older people will make up an increasing part of the workforce. They are not very happy with their lot.
- Rip-offs, deception and incompetence by the financial services industry. We have not come across a comprehensive account of the exploitation of customers by the industry. Probably it would be too big to read. However, we strongly recommend IBAS, the Independent Banking Advisory Service. A quick scan of their website will give you a part of a very murky picture. Otherwise, try this website and just read the daily papers.